Computer turns off and on but the screen is blank

Closed
Lexander - Mar 7, 2018 at 12:59 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 7, 2018 at 04:46 PM
After I cleaned my PC it doesn't work. I used a vacuum cleaner. When I boot it up it shows nothing on the screen and turns off few seconds later. About 3 seconds later it starts running again and remains running but the screen remains blank. This repeats every time i try to launch my PC

It's probably important to note that the fan on the power supply wasn't working at first but after I oiled it it worked properly

Also I remember having the same issue after cleaning with that pc about a year ago with the power supply fan stopping as well but after the fan started working the pc started up properly as well

Currently I'm unable to test my pc with a different power supply
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 7, 2018 at 04:46 PM
Hi

Your title reads that the computer turns off but the screen is blank. That is perfectly normal that the screen would be blank if the computer is turned off.

A computer must never be cleaned using a vacuum cleaner but using compressed air. The vacuum cleaner will create static and shortcuts, also can damage some components.

Last, never oil any parts, this a computer not a car, or a truck. Oil may spill on electronic parts and get damaged.