Unable to confirm my identity on Facebook...

Registration date
Wednesday April 18, 2018
Last seen
April 18, 2018
- - Latest reply: Ambucias
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Last seen
November 22, 2018
- Apr 18, 2018 at 04:42 PM
For some reason that I don't understand, Facebook asks me to confirm my identity.

Since I didn't specify a phone number on my account, Facebook gives me just one default option - "Confirm your identity on another computer: Chrome for Windows 10 (April 7 at 3:31pm)". However, I've only been using Facebook on a single computer (and I do use Chrome for Windows 10 on this computer), so I have no idea which "another" computer Facebook is asking me to verify my identity on.

Then there's a "confirm your identity another way" link, and when I press it I get an option to "Upload a photo ID". So I uploaded an image of my passport, but I received an email from Facebook saying "It looks like you didn't attach a valid form of identification to your request. We can't verify your account until you submit a copy of a valid form of ID."

So I'm stuck. I don't have any "another" computer and the guys at Facebook don't seem to accept my passport image. Any idea?

Thanks
See more 

Your reply

1 reply

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Last seen
November 22, 2018
Thank you
There is a bug with Facebook's system.

In some instances, after deleting all temporary files and cookies, waiting 24 hours gets the situation back to normal but it’s not guaranteed to work.
Respond to Ambucias