Walkman NW E394 deleting books

Closed
Kdychton Posts 1 Registration date Friday June 22, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2018 - Updated on Jun 23, 2018 at 04:26 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 28, 2018 at 04:52 PM
Recently replaced an older Walkman with the E394. I use it for audio books that I download from the library pretty much exclusively. I use Overdrive to download and transfer. I have to delete from The Walkman through my laptop. On the older version when I needed to delete books they were displayed as individual books. This newer one involves deleting each part of the book. I would imagine with music albums it would require each track be deleted. Is there a way to avoid this?
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 26, 2018 at 04:48 PM
Way to avoid what? Your post is about books, then you ask about music? I am confused.
My question did pertain to audio books. Is there a way to delete the whole book at once? As it stands with my new Walkman I have to delete individual parts.
Blocked Profile
Jun 28, 2018 at 04:52 PM
Well, If we treat the book like an audio recarding, then you must do it as each individual, because the player isnot seeing them as a COMPLETE thing. Here is a cut and paste of what can be deleted from the PLAYER:

Not all file types can be deleted directly from the player. Below is a list of file types and how they can be deleted from the portable player:

IMPORTANT: Not all portable players support the file types listed below.

Music: Songs cannot be deleted with the player. To delete songs, connect the portable player to your computer and delete any unnecessary songs with the software originally used to transfer the files or the Windows® Explorer interface.
NOTE: If the memory of the portable player is formatted, all files will be deleted. After the formatting, you cannot recover any of the data.

Voice Recordings: You can delete voice recordings with the player. To delete voice recordings, display the list of voice recordings (you must go into the dated folder) and then use the Option menu to delete the selected voice recording.

FM Recordings: You can delete FM recordings with the player. To delete FM recordings, display the list of FM recordings (you must go into the dated folder) and then use the Option menu to delete the selected recording.
Photos: Images cannot be deleted with the player. To delete images, connect the portable player to your computer and delete any unnecessary images with the software originally used to transfer the files or the Windows® Explorer interface.
NOTE: If the memory of the portable player is formatted, all files will be deleted. After the formatting, you cannot recover any of the data.

Videos: You can delete videos with the player. To delete videos, display the list of videos and then use the Option menu to delete the selected videos.
Podcasts: You can delete Podcasts with the player. To delete Podcasts, display the list of Podcasts and then use the Option menu to delete the selected Podcast.