Can't sign in on Yahoo - Catch 22

Solved/Closed
Stan - Updated on Jul 29, 2018 at 05:35 PM
 Stan - Jul 29, 2018 at 07:38 PM
Hello guys!

I can't sign in on Yahoo email because I don't have access to the phone which I use for receiving the Account key... I know my password and my username but I can't use them because for some reason using Account key is the only option... Please, can you help?

On Yahoo help is suggested to go to Yahoo Account security page and turn the Account key off but I can't sign in there without my Account key... It's Catch 22...

Can someone help me? Is there some way to access my account with username and password without Account key?

Please help!
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jul 28, 2018 at 05:16 PM
Unfortunately, if, when you created your account, you have not registered an alternate recovery email address to which you have access to receive an account key, you cannot prove that you are the account's legitimate owner. Hence account recovery is absolutely impossible and there is no way around it.
Are you really sure that I can't prove it even with my legit username and password? There is no way?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169 > Stan
Jul 29, 2018 at 04:43 PM
Then tell me how you can get an account key ? Have you tried to connect with a computer?
Yes. Doesn't work neither. I was wondering if there is some way to deactivate Account key without having Account key and using your password but obviously Yahoo doesn't support this. Or does it? If not, it will be a miss for sure. I hope they correct it. I don't think it will be so hard to be added into the script. idk
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Updated on Jul 29, 2018 at 05:35 PM
To deactivate the account key you must be able to gain access to your account.

It's not only a Catch 22 (I saw the movie) but you're marooned up the stream without an oar, not to say up shit creek without a paddle.
Do you know how I can access Yahoo? I must write to them over the subject. They must repair this.