Clicking on embedded link - cancelled message

Closed
Judy - Jun 8, 2009 at 05:18 PM
Gaeber Posts 2 Registration date Sunday June 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 - Jun 10, 2009 at 05:42 AM
Hello, I am using Outlook in VISTA and have started getting this message when I click on an embedded link in an email.
"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I have looked in the options, tools, of outlook with no luck. I have also check the Norton Internet security options. This has to be something that is checked that shouldn't be checked Where can I find it. It is driving me nuts, not being able to click on links and having it operate like it is supposed to.
Thanks for any help you can give me. ps. This is a private computer, there is no "system administrator" but me.

2 responses

la.st93 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2009
Jun 9, 2009 at 02:56 AM
hi,

if you are the administrator, then this problem may be due to a virus.

update your antivirus and then do a scan of your computer, this will remove all the threats that can affect the settings of the computer.

then try to do a system restore.
Gaeber Posts 2 Registration date Sunday June 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009
Jun 10, 2009 at 05:42 AM
I ran a scan with nothing appearing as a problem, then tried a system retore. I was not able to complete any system restore, no matter which restore date I selected. I tried many. Then I tried a defrag, and that acted like it was working, but just got hung up, like explorer does sometimes. I let the defrag try to run for 6 hours.
Now everything is running very slowly. ahhhhhh, ,any ideas? Thank you.
Gaeber Posts 2 Registration date Sunday June 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009
Jun 9, 2009 at 03:58 PM
Thank you, I will try what yyou suggest. I use Norton 360 antivirus so would be surprised that something got by it.