Packard Bell EasyNote G45 Original Windows XP

Closed
AndrsGil - Sep 24, 2018 at 06:35 PM
 AndrsGil - Sep 24, 2018 at 09:27 PM
I have an old Packard Bell EasyNote G45.

Which keys should I mark when I turn on the computer so that it goes to the hidden partition to take the computer to its factory condition?
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 24, 2018 at 08:22 PM
On Packard Bell products produced before 2009, use the following steps when the software fails to respond or the system is infected with malware:
Undo the changes that may cause the problems: Using System Restore in Windows XP, Vista and 7.
If the problem persists, restore Windows Vista to the original factory state. As a precaution, make a backup of personal data, as the recovery process may erase all your files, such as email and photos.
Disconnect any additional device not shipped with the system and the internet connection.
Power on your computer. When the Packard Bell logo is displayed, press repeatedly the F11 key until a message displays that Windows is loading files.
After the system recovery program has loaded, follow the prompts to reinstall the operating system. You can choose between the following options:
Complete Recovery. This will remove all files and folder in your hard drive and re-install the software completely as it was from the factory.
Partial Recovery. This will make a copy of your personal files in your user profile to a folder called BACKUP, and then reinstall the software completely as it was from the factory.
In case the recovery program does not start, you need to use Recovery DVDs
The computer has Windows XP factory, does not recognize F11 to go to the recovery partition. Which other key or combination of keys could work ?.