Shift key stuck

Closed
Aqua - Updated on Jan 21, 2019 at 06:55 PM
peter_barnett Posts 11 Registration date Tuesday December 18, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2019 - Jan 22, 2019 at 03:07 AM
Hello,

Too type something i need to hold the shift key and the letter and it takes way to long and it keeps making a beep noise when I type what did I do
Related:

1 response

peter_barnett Posts 11 Registration date Tuesday December 18, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2019 2
Updated on Jan 23, 2019 at 09:41 AM
Disable Sticky Keys Shortcut
If you don’t need Sticky Keys, you can disable its shortcut entirely so that you won’t see this prompt appear if you rapidly press the Shift key in the future. To do so, we’ll need to modify an option in the Windows 10 Settings app. To get there, either click the message that appears in the Sticky Keys prompt (Disable this keyboard shortcut in Ease of Access keyboard settings), or open the Settings app and navigate to Ease of Access > Keyboard.

From there, find the Use Sticky Keys section on the right side of the window and uncheck the entry labeled Allow the shortcut key to start Sticky Keys. Once you’ve unchecked the option, simply close the Settings app. The change will take effect immediately without the need to save anything or reboot your PC.

To test it out, rapidly hit the Shift key at least five times on your keyboard. With the option disabled, nothing should happen. If you ever need to re-enable the Sticky Keys shortcut, simply return to the designated Settings page and check the box again. You can also use the toggle switch to turn Sticky Keys on full-time, although as mentioned, this may cause issues with certain apps or scenarios where a modifier key should be pressed only once.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter Barnett

VP of Product Strategy