XP will not even boot in safe mode

Closed
DC1_wrenchman Posts 2 Registration date Monday February 11, 2019 Status Member Last seen February 12, 2019 - Feb 11, 2019 at 04:38 PM
DC1_wrenchman Posts 2 Registration date Monday February 11, 2019 Status Member Last seen February 12, 2019 - Feb 12, 2019 at 01:08 PM
Hello, I've read through this thread and can't find a solution. A few months ago I picked up an Optical mouse from Wallyworld, (Onn wired optical). It would not install with wizard and ended up going through safe mode for it to work. Since then I would get "Found new hardware" message. If I opened the wizard, it would sit and search for hours with no install. The other day the computer would get to the logo page and hang up, sometimes it would shut itself down. I tried safe mode, which only gave me the partition/driver list. Other selections would not complete the boot. I tried the F8, 9, 10 and 11 keys, no joy. I have even tried booting with the original XP CD, but I get the same responses. Its the same with the new mouse unplugged. Any ideas?

System Configuration: Windows / Internet Explorer 11.0
Related:

1 response

The drivers aren't built for that dino! If you just pulled it off the shelf, it will never work with xp. The architecture of the OS isn't even close as for what the hardware needs!

I think it is time to learn UBUNTU until you can get a new windows machine! Do not get a netbook.

DC1_wrenchman Posts 2 Registration date Monday February 11, 2019 Status Member Last seen February 12, 2019
Feb 12, 2019 at 01:08 PM
My mouse was becoming unusable and I couldn't find an exceptable replacement. The replacement did work but now I can't use anything. Even unplugged them and still no boot. I am trying to find a new computer with a POP mail program, just heard new Windows 10 may have such a program. I'd like to be able to transfer the files from XP to 10. anybody know if this is possible?