Vista to xp on new laptop

Closed
lilgrlQ - Jun 12, 2009 at 01:00 PM
 lilgrlQ - Jun 13, 2009 at 05:17 PM
Hello, I got a Dell Inspiron 1525 lap top in Feb. Had unbelieved trouble with the vista (still do) couldn't get newer Hp all-in-on printer to work. I finally figured out how to get it to just print, both nothing else works. I guess M.S finally got tired of me, so they sent me a new Windows Xp Professional disc, 2002 version with service pack 2. But they didn't tell me how to install it. I've tried looking on line and keep hearing about changing drivers. I know I have to back-up & copy all my files, but I'm scared to touch anything else. I go to college & am coming into finals with terms paper etc. If this thing goes, I'm in big trouble. Can someone give a kind of step by step deal on how to switch. Really! hate MS Word Processor, what a waste, can't interact with any of my school stuff. Plan to get back Word as soon as I get this switched. But in the mean time, I need a little help here.....Please.....
Thanks Q
Related:

2 responses

mikado33 Posts 8 Registration date Saturday January 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2009
Jun 12, 2009 at 01:29 PM
Hello to install xp:
You will have to access your bios and change the sata to ide!
Then insert your XP installation CD and follow the instructions!
Mikado33 Thanks for answering. Is that all I have to do? I don't need to download any drivers or stuff like that? I just want to be sure. I'm no Computer genius and so I don't want to mess it up or break it somehow. :)
I need to back up files on a disc first right? Anything further you can advise will be really appreciated.
Thanks again, Q Sorry I messed up getting this to you
Mikado33 Thanks for answering. Is that all I have to do? I don't need to download any drivers or stuff like that? I just want to be sure. I'm no Computer genius and so I don't want to mess it up or break it somehow. :)
I need to back up files on a disc first right? Anything further you can advise will be really appreciated.
Thanks again, Q