Toshiba laptops satellite pro l500-202 shows black screen

Closed
Leenzoo - Aug 4, 2019 at 09:13 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 8, 2019 at 04:47 PM
Hello,

I'm using a Toshiba laptop with a battery problem (battery doesn't charge) yesterday I plugged it in for hours as I was working. When I tried to leave my workdesk the laptop fell from the table. When I picked it up I noticed that it was on but the screen was on as well but it was deem and stark like the system was frozen. I waited for a while for it to unfreeze but it did not so I decided to unplug it and to reboot it. When I unplugged it I noticed that the laptop would come on the fan was spinning and the led light was on but the screen was off then it turned off by itself. I tried switching it back on and it'd turn on and switch back off by itself! This happened for hours. So I Googled and found that I needed to do a hard reset like removing the battery and pushing the power button for 60 seconds then pushing shift key and f8 n power at the same time for 60 seconds! And I also tried the fun/f5/power combination and still nothing. As I continued on Google I came across an idea that worked for some! I had to unscrew my laptop and take everything apart which I did and it solved 1 of my problem. The laptop does not turn itself off after 2 seconds of being switched on anymore! It stays on but the screen is just pitch black you can hear the fan spin and the DVD drive 2 but it's just black no light at all. I also plugged the laptop to an external monitor and it does the same thing nothing no light or whatever. I can tell that my laptop screen is okay and not damaged because my external monitor works fine but when plugged in to this laptop it show nothing. Please somebody help me I'm very desperate
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Aug 8, 2019 at 04:47 PM
I suggest you have your video card checked by a technician.