Problem with Win XP to access on network

Closed
Yogesh Dubey - Jun 15, 2009 at 07:34 AM
apoll Posts 6 Registration date Friday March 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2009 - Jun 15, 2009 at 09:59 AM
Hello, Sir
We've got 3 PCs on our house network. There's a 98 machine with a shared cable internet connection that we can all access, a PC running WinME and then my PC running XP Pro.

The other 2 PCs can see each other fine in Network Neighborhood/My Network Places, and can share files and access stuff on each others machines. My machine can't see the others. I can ping them, but when i go to view workgroup computers in My Network Places, it shows just my PC. I can sometimes access their shared folders by typing \\ then their ip address, but this only sometimes works.

I can't get to their shared folders by typing \\ then their machine name. i can't ping their name either.

All machines are on the same workgroup. We are using static IP addresses, all with the same subnet mask. All similar (192.168.0.x) ip addresses.

Can anyone help me. I've tried everything i can think of.

Thanks
Yogesh Dubey
Related:

1 response

apoll Posts 6 Registration date Friday March 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2009 3
Jun 15, 2009 at 09:59 AM
You will have to enable file sharing on your machine for you to be able to access others and see them!