Hard reset impossible on samsung galaxy tabs 6

Closed
andré459 Posts 4 Registration date Friday January 27, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 25, 2019 - Updated on Oct 25, 2019 at 01:52 PM
 Unknown - Jul 30, 2020 at 12:58 AM
Hi everybody,

I have an issue on my tablet and I can't reach the hard reset menu.
Currently the tablet when started by connecting it to power source do successively :
1- try to update and crash :

then every 5-6 sec it try to restart the update process :

3- and finally does not succeed and display some fancy code lines :-(

and impossible to reach hard reset menu. I tried with button power + volume up + main button but it does not work.
If someone has an idea...

Thanks a lot

2 responses

geekalaa_1256 Posts 50 Registration date Saturday October 26, 2019 Status Member Last seen March 29, 2020
Oct 26, 2019 at 08:44 AM
I think that you erased the kernel of your tablet i suggest that you download the kernel and the recovery system or

Method 1: Using Hard Keys
Step 1: Power off your Samsung Galaxy Tab A.

How to Boot Samsung Galaxy Tab A into Recovery Mode

Step 2: Press and Hold Volume Up key + Home button + Power button simultaneously.

Step 3: Just in few seconds, you’ll be presented with the Recovery Mode menu on your Galaxy Tab A.

If you have not installed any custom recovery like CWM or TWRP then you’ll be presented with Android system recovery as shown below:

If you have Clockworkmod custom recovery installed then your device will boot into CWM as shown below:

If you have TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) custom recovery installed then your device will boot into TWRP as shown below:

That’s all! You’ve successfully booted your Galaxy Tab A into Recovery Mode using hard buttons.

Method 2: Using ADB commands
ADB and Fastboot is a versatile command line tool which lets you communicate with your phone when connected to PC (Windows, Mac or Linux) using a USB cable. Lets use this ADB and Fastboot method to boot Samsung Galaxy Tab A into Recovery mode.

Step 1: Enable the USB debugging mode on your phone. For that, follow the path Menu->Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. If you don’t see Developer option then go to Settings->About Phone and tap 7 times on the Build number. This will make the Developer option appear in the Settings menu.

Step 2: Enable OEM unlocking and Advanced reboot mode from Developer options.

Step 3: Now, download and install ADB and Fastboot setup on your PC.

Step 4: Connect your Galaxy Tab A to PC using standard USB cable.

Step 5: Launch Command window on your computer. For that, hold Shift button and right mouse click anywhere on your PC. You’ll see a list of options from which select Open command window here option. This will launch the command prompt window on your PC.

Step 6: Now to make sure that your Galaxy Tab A is successfully connected to your PC or not, type the following commands in the command window and press enter key:

adb devices

As soon as you press enter key, you’ll see a message saying ‘List of devices attached’ along with some random numbers. This will confirm that your Galaxy Tab A has successfully connected to your PC.

Note: If such thing doesn’t happen, then re-install device drivers, enable USB debugging mode and try again. If the problem still persists, try changing USB cable or even the USB port.

How to Fix ‘USB Device Not Recognized’ error on Samsung phones.
Step 7: Now to boot your Samsung Galaxy Tab A into Recovery mode, type the following command in the command window and hit enter key:

adb reboot recovery

As soon as you press enter key, your Galaxy Tab A will boot into Recovery mode.

Method 3: Using Terminal Emulator (Requires ROOT)
Terminal Emulator app helps you in accessing the Android’s built-in Linux command line shell.

This method requires Root access on your phone.

Step 1: Download and install Terminal Emulator App.

Step 2: Launch Terminal Emulator App.

Step 3: Type this command in it and press enter:

su

Step 4: As soon as you hit enter key, a popup will appear to grant Superuser permissions. So click on Grant option.

Step 5: On the next line type the following command and press enter:

reboot recovery

As soon as you hit enter key, your Galaxy Tab A will enter into Recovery mode.

Method 4: Using Quick Reboot App (Requires ROOT)
Quick Reboot app provides advanced reboot options to boot your Samsung Galaxy Tab A into recovery mode, download mode, normal reboot, fast reboot, safe mode and much more.

This method also requires Root access on your phone.

Step 1: Download and install Quick Reboot app.

Step 2: Launch Quick Reboot app.

Step 3: Tick the ‘I have read and accept the terms’ and click on confirm.

Step 4: To boot into recovery mode, simply click on Recovery option.

Step 5: Then Tap on Yes to confirm.

Step 6: As soon as you hit Yes, a popup will appear to grant Superuser permissions. So click on Grant option.

This will boot your Samsung Galaxy Tab A into Recovery mode.

How to Exit (get out of) Recovery Mode
For Android System Recovery : Use Volume Up/ Down keys to highlight the ‘Reboot system now’ option. Then Press Power button to select it. This will restart your phone normally.
For CWM/ TWRP recovery: Select the ‘Reboot system now’ option to restart your phone.
I hope that this clear things up on how to enter and exit your Samsung Galaxy Tab A into Recovery Mode.
Till then keep smiling and peace out! ????????
I have same error in recovery mode... Starts exactly the same how u show in images with blue screen "system update" and then error shows. Bootloop and download mode does not work. Both modes restart after a few seconds... J7 prime my device.