My keyboard wont work.

Closed
ArthurArthraki Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday November 6, 2019 Status Member Last seen October 13, 2022 - Dec 1, 2019 at 03:54 PM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Dec 2, 2019 at 05:19 AM
So I have a Dell optiplex gx620 usff.
It runs on Windows xp sp3.
It was working fine but today when I boot it up it goes to post and says: "keyboard failure
Alert! System battery voltage is low.
Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility."

like I said, it was working the other day but today all it says is that.
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Dec 2, 2019 at 05:19 AM
Hello, this issue has popped up on the French forum too. The best response was the following:

'The battery on your motherboard may be worn. Try to change it, it costs nothing.

Be careful when removing the old battery to avoid damaging the media. And when you put the new battery in, hold it by the sides, it is not recommended that you touch the top or bottom of a battery.

Starting a PC without a battery or with a dead battery is not a problem, all it contains is the configuration of the BIOS. On the other hand, knowing that removing the battery is the equivalent to putting BIOS to its default settings'.

This article will help change the motherboard battery.

Depending on your the age of your motherboard, the battery could be one of the circlular 2032 batteries.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Regards,
David

David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net