Icons have disppeared. I need help

Closed
Tangela - Jun 18, 2008 at 04:25 PM
tracylm33 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 9, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2008 - Aug 10, 2008 at 10:13 AM
Hello,

As I was searching for help, I noticed a lot of people is having the same problem I'm having. When I turn on my computer my desktop goes blank. I then use Ctrl+Alt+Delete, launch the task manager, type explorer.exe and nothing. This is the error message I get:

Windows cannot find the 'explorer.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.

Can you tell me what this message mean? I really need help getting whatever is on my computer off. This has happened before and I used the ctrl+alt+del, task manager to get my desktop back and it came back. I then put another anti-virus protection on my computer and things when find until my trial version expired and here we go again, my desktop icons are gone. I put another anti-virus, spyware, internet security softwatre on my computer and nothing.

I am pass frustrated.

Can you please help me?

Thank you in advance

Have a great day

1 response

tracylm33 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 9, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2008
Aug 10, 2008 at 10:13 AM
Hello,
Just wanted to say thank you to the person who posted how to fix the disappearing icons and no start up menu problem!! So anyone who is having this SAME problem, listen..download the program called SuperAntiSpyware! there is a free version..just google it! after you download it, run a quick scan of your computer and it will find all the trojans and adware or whatever corrupted files you may have and fix them..then restart your computer and voila! i had 37 threats to my computer and they are all fixed and its working perfectly now! so a BIG THANK YOU to who posted that fix! Anyone who wants this problem solved and computer working again, DO IT! IT WORKS MIRACLES! Hope this helped, i know it helped me!!!