Samsung factory reset woth small black remote

Closed
Bhope38 - Dec 24, 2019 at 07:24 PM
 Bhope38 - Dec 28, 2019 at 05:32 PM
How do I factory reset a samsung suhd tv with the small remote? One article references using the menu + info + mute and power. My remote doesn't have a menu or info button. It's the skinny black remote. Thanks!
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Dec 26, 2019 at 01:24 PM
Hello, this page should help.

You can restore all TV settings (excluding the network settings) to factory defaults.

Navigate to Settings and then General. Select Reset. Enter your PIN (0000 is the default) and then select Reset. To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically. If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis, and Reset will be located in that menu. You can also check the user manual for exact instructions for your TV model.

Good luck.
I tried that. All that happens is the TV turns off and back on. I dont have the ability to setup as if it's new. My samsung account option is grayed out so I cant log in. I think that is my problem. I cant accept the terms and conditions to use the apps becasue I cant log on to the account. Any suggestions on that?