Date counter and then stop when new date is entered

Closed
slizott Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 24, 2020 Status Member Last seen February 24, 2020 - Updated on Feb 24, 2020 at 09:09 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Mar 2, 2020 at 12:08 PM
I am attempting to calculate the time between B9 and Z9. and the same with D9 and Z9. the person who created the file is only calculating from "Today's" date in D4 and while that is necessary I need it to stop counting when Z9 and been entered.
So basically I need it to count days between B9 and D4 until Z9 has been entered with it's date and then stop counting.
I hope that makes sense. Any help is appreciated.

Related:

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Mar 2, 2020 at 12:08 PM
Hi Slizott,

Slightly confusing. First you want to calculate time between B9 and Z9, D9 and Z9. And later you say you want to calculate between B9 and D4 until Z9 is entered.

I guess the Z9's in the first sentence are a typo and you meant to say D4.

Assuming you want to use column AA and AB for the day differences, check the following code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Intersect(Target, Columns("Z")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub

Range("AA" & Target.Row).Value = Range("D4").Value - Range("B" & Target.Row)
Range("AB" & Target.Row).Value = Range("D4").Value - Range("D" & Target.Row)
End Sub

To implement the code, right-click the sheet's tab and select View code. Paste the code in the big white field of the newly opened window. This window can be closed immediately after.

Best regards,
Trowa