Macro to Select Multiple Columns by Columns Specific Headings to Delete Dupes [Solved]

Registration date
Friday February 28, 2020
Status
Last seen
February 28, 2020
-
Registration date
Sunday September 12, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 15, 2020
-
Hello All,

I have been struggling to find a code that allows me to select multiple columns by name to then delete duplicates in those specific columns. The reason behind this is the workbook i am using will soon be adding columns and i need to specifically reference these exact columns rather than the numerical placement of the columns. If anyone can help that would be great!

2 replies

Registration date
Status
Last seen
October 15, 2020
Hi Jackied,

Not sure what you mean by select column by name? Do you mean by Header name or Column letter or Named range or something else?

And where are those names located for Excel to know which columns need to remove duplicates? Or do you want to be prompted for each column?

Best regards,
Trowa
Thank you

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Status
Last seen
October 15, 2020
Hi Jackied,

Having a second look at your title, the following code might be what you are after:
Sub RunMe()
For Each cell In Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft))
    If cell.Value = "Dupes" Then
        Range(Cells(2, cell.Column), Cells(Cells(Rows.Count, cell.Column).End(xlUp).Row, cell.Column)).RemoveDuplicates Columns:=1
    End If
Next cell
End Sub

Every column with a header named "Dupes" will get it's dupes removed. Change the word Dupes on the 3rd code line if you have/want another header name to trigger the removal of duplicates.

Best regards,
Trowa
Thank you

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month