Yahoo Email Access

Closed
MEB_M15 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 22, 2020 Status Member Last seen April 22, 2020 - Apr 22, 2020 at 02:45 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 - Apr 22, 2020 at 05:24 PM
I need some information regarding an old email account that shows a message of "Sorry, we don't recognize this email". However, when I attempted to recreate the same email address the yahoo system responds "A Yahoo account already exists with this email address". Please, I need help recreating the address because this email is associated with an Organization that is currently (under the no physical contact guideline) dealing with its member by way of online contact only. Please advise me on how I can recreate an email address under these circumstances. Thank you
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 1,891
Apr 22, 2020 at 05:24 PM
Hi,

Use the Sign-in Helper to check if your email address is still on the Yahoo server, and then start the recovery process. If it doesn't recognize your email address, the account will not be recoverable.

Therefore, you must create a new account, but the old email address will no longer be available for you to use, as indicated on the Yahoo help page.

The only way to recreate the account is to use an email address that is similar to the old one, but different. Or else, you can check with another email provider such as Gmail or Outlook, if you can reuse the same email address of your old Yahoo account.

If your account is disabled and not deleted, contact Yahoo to see if there's a way to reactivate your account. Here's how to contact them. To confirm if your Yahoo account is disabled, send an email to that account and wait for an error message.

Good luck.