-
Registration date
Monday September 16, 2019
Status
Last seen
September 28, 2020
-
Hello,
I have an old laptop, whose screen and Keyboard are damaged. I wanted to connect it to an external monitor. I have HDMI cables and VGA cable I tried to connect by it won't. I removed its case. I found out that Switching on the laptop the small LED lights are glowing, Fan is spinning, and Could hear little vibrations from the hard drive, Through which I assume that it is working. It is a sony Vaio vpceb34en pretty much very old laptop, Which was kept aside for years. Please help whether I could still use it or not

2 replies

Registration date
Tuesday June 30, 2020
Status
Last seen
September 28, 2020
If your external display uses VGA, DVI or HDMI instead, you can also get a DisplayPort adapter cable, allowing you to connect your VGA, DVI or HDMI display to the laptop's DisplayPort.

If it's still not displaying, it could be that the motherboard encountered issues.

Otherwise try these methods:
https://www.minitool.com/news/monitor-not-displaying-full-screen-windows-10-004.html

Registration date
Monday September 16, 2019
Status
Last seen
September 28, 2020
Re attach the broken laptop screen, after that let laptop boot atleast 2-3min, then connect external monitor and hit windows+P key once or twice and press enter it should let to display, otherwise keep playing with it since you dont see anything.