My Compaq Windows XP Home Edition Laptop

Closed
CJ - Jun 22, 2009 at 12:09 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 23, 2009 at 08:36 AM
Hello,
My Compaq Laptop will not go to my Desktop (Home Screen). Here is exactly what it does, i turn on the power button & it goes to this screen ***We apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this etc.*** It ask me if... I want to start windows in safe mode normally (or with Networking or Command Prompt), Last Known Good Configuration (Your most recent settings that worked) or start windows normally. I have tried every one of them but every time I do it checks my D: drive with this CHKDSK & then takes me to this BLUE screen that says....

***STOP: c0000218 {Registy file failure}
The registry cannot load the hive (file):
\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE
or its log or alternate.
It is corrupt, absent, or not writable

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance***

PLEASE HELP THIS LAPTOP IS MY MOM'S & SHE ONLY LET ME BOROW IT. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM! PLEASE GIVE ME ANSWER'S QUICKLY PLEASE!!!!!!!
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 22, 2009 at 07:57 AM
All you have to do now is trying to do a system restore,

Access safe mode and then you will be asked if you want to recover your computer from an earlier time,
Choose a date when your pc was working fine, click next, let the process to be done then restart your machine normally!

You won't lose data such as files and emails!
shani47 Posts 44 Registration date Friday June 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2013 39
Jun 22, 2009 at 09:49 AM
Hi, what you have to do is to install windows again and it will be OK, i have seen many of the cases like that,.try it.
So what i do is install it with the CD that came with the computer
So what i do is install windows with the CD that came with the CPU?
shani47 Posts 44 Registration date Friday June 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2013 39 > CJ
Jun 23, 2009 at 04:34 AM
Yes i hope it will be ok.
Blocked Profile
Jun 23, 2009 at 08:36 AM
Hello,

Just install windows XP again!

Insert the CD in your disk drive and then boot using the CD.

Follow the instructions.. please note that you will lose all your data on your c: partition!