Laptop screen dead blank

Closed
Kazuooooo Posts 2 Registration date Sunday March 21, 2021 Status Member Last seen March 30, 2021 - Updated on Mar 21, 2021 at 02:01 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14308 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 22, 2024 - Mar 30, 2021 at 06:30 PM
Hello

>Was repairing and scanning my drive, waited whole day.. Finally! Its done.. [Right now i was seeing dot going circle..] ...10 minutes... 30... minutes.. I wonder why it took so long? Maybe i need to completly turning it oof? [I say to myself] so i do that, after that i turning it back on... BAM! Windows error blue screen is on my screen "Your PC ran into a problem and need to restart we're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart it for you" written on the error.

That's the story of how my screen goes blank.. Can someone help me please? btw I can't pull out my laptop battery, and i've done so many things but still like this..

Please help
[Edit:] My laptop is Acer aspire Z3-451
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14308 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 22, 2024 1,891
Mar 21, 2021 at 03:40 PM
Hi,

Turn off your laptop and then turn it on again. After that, press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears.

When you see a blue screen that says "Choose an option", select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Repair. This will try to fix problems that may prevent Windows from loading.

If your laptop still can't start, repeat the above steps and choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt. Next, type the following command:
  • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Once the process of the above command is completed, type:
  • sfc /scannow

Then type shutdown /r to restart your laptop.

Good luck.
Kazuooooo Posts 2 Registration date Sunday March 21, 2021 Status Member Last seen March 30, 2021
Mar 30, 2021 at 12:07 AM
Hey,

Thank you for answering... "When the acer logo appears" sorry but my laptop screen is dead blank that i dont see anything when i turn my laptop on.
Also i think my laptop doesnt even turning on at all, well i hear the fan working i hear something when i press the power button
also the light in my power button is on but when i waited a while then pressing capslock key it supposed to make sound right? But i didnt hear any sound at all. I even use earphone but no sound. So idk what really happening to my laptop rn

Thanks for answering tho
HelpiOS Posts 14308 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 22, 2024 1,891 > Kazuooooo Posts 2 Registration date Sunday March 21, 2021 Status Member Last seen March 30, 2021
Mar 30, 2021 at 06:30 PM
You said before that you checked your hard drive and tried to repair it. Did you encounter any problems with it? But as you don't even see the Acer logo at startup, I don't think the problem is related to the hard drive.

I suggest you try the instructions explained in this article when a laptop boots to black screen.

Hope it helps.