Information transfer

Solved/Closed
bri_dubzz - Mar 22, 2021 at 02:23 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Apr 1, 2021 at 12:10 PM
Hello,

I am trying to create a way for me to type in a part number as a list for tracking inventory and have the information (parts, description, transmission group, transmission type) be filled in from the specific transmission parts lists that are located in sheets that follow after the main inventory list. The main inventory list has part number, part description, quantity, location, other/notes, transmission group, then each transmission type listed to follow after that. Listing the transmission type is to only show the specific transmission(s) that the part(s) can go into. The sheets to follow are lists from our parts break-down books for each transmission to show the required parts for each transmission type. My hope was to be able to type in part/parts numbers into the ‘main inventory’ sheet and the information that is pre-filled in from the book sheet (i.e. part description, transmission group, etc) to be filled into the ‘main inventory’ sheet. Also, if possible that when I put in a quantity for how many of each part that I have on hand in the ‘main inventory’ sheet for that amount to show up in the individual transmission parts lists to see if/when/how many transmissions we can make out of the inventory on hand.

System Configuration: iPhone / Safari 13.1.1

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Apr 1, 2021 at 12:10 PM
Hi Bri_dubzz,

Excel has a function called VLOOKUP that will help you with that.

=VLOOKUP(The value you want to look up , the range of data you want to find that value in , the column number of your selected table of which you want to get the result from , lastly a 0 for exact match otherwise a 1 or just leave out the forth part of the function)

Make sure that value you want to look up, is in the left most column of the table you want to search in.

Best regards,
Trowa