I can’t get back into my Facebook

Closed
jacquesdb Posts 2 Registration date Friday June 11, 2021 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2021 - Jun 11, 2021 at 10:56 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14319 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 - Jun 13, 2021 at 04:53 PM
Hi guys, I am extremely confused as to what is happening. I’m really hoping you can assist. Yesterday all of a sudden I was kicked out of my Facebook account and I can’t log back in. I keep getting a error message saying “We’ve received your information. If we still find that you are not old enough to be on Facebook, your account will remain disabled. Obviously I am old enough and have been on Facebook for years. I have tried all avenues but just keep getting the same notification. I think my account could have been hacked as I run ads for my work page which is linked to my personal profile. Please could you advise what I should do if my account has indeed been hacked and how I can use it again. I have changed my password already. I’ve also tried to request a review just to be directed to the same error message. Kindly advise as I rely on my business page for my work. Every link via the help centre leads me back to the same error mentioned above. So I can literally do nothing.

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14319 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 1,891
Jun 12, 2021 at 10:51 AM
Hi,

If you get a message informing you that you're not old enough to be on Facebook, it means they need to confirm your date of birth - your account isn't hacked.

You can confirm your date of birth by following the steps described in this article. Once you've confirmed your age, the review process may take several weeks to a few months.

Your account will not be accessible during the review process until Facebook has reviewed and confirmed your information.
jacquesdb Posts 2 Registration date Friday June 11, 2021 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2021
Jun 12, 2021 at 07:24 PM
hi,

the problem is, I cant submit anything. Not even a request for review or my ID, it keeps returning me to the same message. I also cant report a hacked account as it does not allow me to do so, it keeps sending me to the "your are not old enough message".
I do think my account was hacked as it looked like someone from Vietnam added their mobile number to my account, I then changed my log in password. I downloaded all my Facebook info on a zip file and noticed some dodgy account tried to gain access to my ad account. Also noticed IP addresses from Vietnam using my account. Why would Facebook all of a sudden tell me I'm not old enough if I've never had this issue and I've been on FB since 2008

This is so extremely frustrating as no avenue is helpful

Cheers
HelpiOS Posts 14319 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 1,891
Jun 13, 2021 at 04:53 PM
Can you use this recovery page to report that your account was hacked or the problem is the same? If you can't use it too, ask your Facebook friends to go to your profile and report it as hacked.