Mail closes after I open an attachment

Closed
GLF35 - Jul 4, 2021 at 07:05 AM
mbknubi Posts 2 Registration date Thursday January 26, 2023 Status Member Last seen January 26, 2023 - Jan 26, 2023 at 06:31 PM
Hello, every time I download an email attachment, the yahoo mail page automatically closes and then I need to reload it all again. I have no idea how to fix it - it's very frustrating as I am constantly having to reopen the mail page.
Thank you!

System Configuration: Macintosh / Safari 11.1.2
Related:

2 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Jul 5, 2021 at 04:04 AM
Hello, this just sounds like a bug with Yahoo Mail.

Check that it isn't an issue with the browser, and try using a different browser to open your Yahoo account.

For example, if you are currently using Internet Explorer / Edge > Try using Chrome (or vice-versa).

This will let you know if the problem is with Yahoo Mail specifically, or something else.

Regards
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net

Same for me for the last few months.  (Firefox)  I do think it is a yahoo webmail bug.

same problem (Firefox)

Same problem. Two different computers. Two different browsers.

Same issue on firefox.

Is there a fix? I'm also getting very frustrated with this issue.

Try this work-around:

Instead of clicking on the Download corner of the attachment, click instead on the center of the attachment to open it in an enlargement window.

Once the enlargement window opens, click on the Download icon above the image.

Hopefully, that will work for you.