How to get my Facebook account back

Closed
artemismn - Updated on Jul 22, 2021 at 12:18 PM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Jul 23, 2021 at 08:52 AM
Hello,

I want to access my Facebook account, but whenever I do it asks me for a 6 digit security code. To get this code I need to go onto a device where I'm already logged into Facebook and get it there. The problem is, I'm not logged into Facebook anywhere so that's not possible. I don't have my Facebook connected to my phone so Facebook can't text me the code either. I've tried resetting my password too. The only other way I can find is giving Facebook a government-issued ID I have but I absolutely do not feel comfortable with that. Is there any other way to get my Facebook account that I'm not aware of, or should I just give up and make a new account?

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 91.0.4472.124

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Jul 23, 2021 at 08:52 AM
Hello, if you haven't received your Facebook Code, have a look at this article which explains what to do.

The code should be either sent to the mobile no. associated with your account, or the email used to create the account. Facebook won't sent you a code to your Facebook account to log into your Facebook account.

You can also follow the steps here on the Facebook support page if you created your account with a mobile device.

Regards