Fake account

Closed
Amz29 - Jul 24, 2021 at 03:26 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14411 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen August 8, 2024 - Jul 30, 2021 at 06:20 PM
Hello, Yesterday I noticed another account had appeared on my iPhone Facebook app when I logged out of my legit account. It had no picture but it was my name, DOB, number and even a password of mine gains access to it. It seems like it’s never had any activity (could this of been wiped?) The linked email address is almost identical to my legit one apart from ending in .co.uk instead of .com. I was so baffled to this and I decided to try gain access to the email address it was linked to through outlook. When I tried to use passwords I thought it could be they failed so I decided to do forgot password and it gave me a really strange recovery email D****andyyes.net.
I have reported it to Facebook and it looks like they are working on it as its now not accessible but what I really need to know is ok I get hackers can hack your accounts and gain your information but how can they make it show like it’s been logged in from my own device that’s never been away from me?

System Configuration: iPhone / Safari 14.1.1

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14411 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen August 8, 2024 1,861
Jul 30, 2021 at 06:20 PM
Hi,

I think it was your main account that was hacked, that's why it appeared in the Facebook app. I don't see how else it could have been added knowing that no one is using your iPhone. However, make sure that it isn't compromised and install the latest iOS update.