- Why am i not receiving my sms code from facebook
- Facebook security check error sending sms - Best answers
- Not receiving sms from facebook - Best answers
- Facebook not receiving sms code ✓ - Forum - Facebook
- Not receiving the sms code for facebook login - Forum - Facebook
- Can't login facebook sms code required ✓ - Forum - Facebook
- FB sending me SMS code I receive but FB thinks I’m not receiving it - need help - Forum - Facebook
- Facebook confirmation code not received: what to do - Guide
I was having the same issue.
I managed to resolve it by:
- Opening my browser and navigating to FB
- Log out of FB by clicking the profile pic on top right
- Navigate to FB again and click "Forgot Password"
- I then reset my password and when I logged on again after resetting my password, the security check worked
The best solution I know, as I was locked out for maybe 10 days, worked day and night to get my account back, and eventually, it worked. I have two accounts too and I had to get them both past the security check point and I'm happy to say that out of all my desperation it worked.
Didn't find the answer you are looking for?Ask a question
It helped me to get my head around what it is we are actually doing. The instructions are less confusing if you understand what's happening. Pretend to be a bad actor in another country (unusual login place for you) and blatantly attack your own account. Since all I could do is click to send SMS, I did that many times. That flips some other security trigger and your account will get an email from FB because of it. And that email will lead you to confirm your contact information (since the bad actors may have modified it). You then remove your own correct phone number from your contact info, as if it's not yours. Then the system will revert back to the previous trigger you were addressing before and you'll get the SMS window again. Only this time, it'll say, but there's no phone on your account so let's do an email instead. And THAT is the ticket! You get the email and then follow along to upload your driver's license or whatever. Then wait for review. That's where I am now and I see a lot of us are. Not sure if there's life after this phase but the SMS thing worked! Here's that basic recipe I sort-of followed.
Copy and Pasted from another member:
How to get past Facebook Error
Just had this issue and got it FINALLY resolved using this method:
0. Close out of Facebook on any browsers you're on
1. Get a VPN and change your IP to a far away foreign country
2. Try to log in and get to the point where it asks you to verify, maybe have it send a text code to you (not sure if it makes a difference)
3. Repeat step 1 and 2 again (I did it a few times, not sure how many is required)
4. Close your browser and disconnect the VPN
5. Try to log in to Facebook again and you should see something asking if you tried to login somewhere else (if you do not get this try again. Might need to get on facebook on a different device while on the VPN and Facebook on your first device)
6. Select "No" that it wasn't you and you should be prompted to reset your password.
7. Create a new password
8. You should get an email saying you changed your password. There should be a link that says "if you didn't do this please secure your account." Click the link!
9. IMPORTANT: Follow the prompts to secure your account by changing your password and it should ask you to delete any emails or phone numbers that you do not recognize.
10. IMPORTANT: Remove your phone number from the account! Then click a time a two to complete the process.
PS. Messed up that I did nothing even remotely unethical in the first place but now I have to stoop to hacking my own account just to get out of a poor programming loop and save my account, which might not work anyway. Disturbing.
I used my Brothers phone to get the code, and that let me get through to the upload ID stage.
I did all the steps and i erased my phone number so i am only left with my email, but when i try to log in to facebook it asks me for my phone number again and not the ID check. Any help here?
I confirm that this way works, at least till the point of acceptance and "bypassing" the system check. I had exactly the same problem (hacked and someone posted child sexual abuse content-or at least that's what the system told me) .The sms was arriving but also the message for wrong number. I followed the steps with the VPN.
Israel was locked and need to pay. I use one of the free options (Norway) and it worked just fine. I used windscribe- After two trials of entering in my facebook, I got this message in my emal
<<is that you that you are trying to enter?"
I exit windscrbe VPN ,said NO, and it went through the process of uploading my ID etc.
I have 17days till my account is deleted. Professional use. Multiple pages, groups and family memories there.
The good thing is that for the past 2 weeks, living without fb is not that terrible. I had never received/earned/profit all these hours that I invest on my professional digital presence in the FB platform.
I will send you an update how this will end. Thanks f or all comments and info regarding the subject.