Received facebook sms code but FB says it couldn't send, check number and resend

Closed
dkscharber - Sep 14, 2021 at 09:22 AM
 rearl - Sep 4, 2022 at 11:33 PM
Hello,
Over the weekend FB disabled my account and asked for my id. I went through the steps and their generic email says the account is reopened and I should be able to log on. Problem is, I can't get past the security check. I only have one phone number in there and when I click "send code" I get the code right away BUT facebook has an error message saying it couldn't send the sms and to retry. There is nowhere to enter the code that I received. It is a total roadblock. I've been researching troubleshooting options but can't find any similar situations. Since I can't get past the security check I can't even use their help community or report the issue. Thanks for any advice you may be able to give me! I run my business on fb and at a very frustrating loss on how to proceed. Thanks!
Related:

31 responses

I was hacked after allowing facebook to connect with instagram. This extremely urgent as our business instagram account is linked to facebook. I cannot dispute it because when I click "send code" I get the code right away BUT facebook has an error message saying it couldn't send the sms and to retry. There is nowhere to enter the code that I received. Then I get stuck at "You've requested too many SMS codes. You must wait 24 hours to receive another." BUT it takes longer then 24 hours to retry but there is no where to enter the code. HELP!! URGH