Received facebook sms code but FB says it couldn't send, check number and resend

-
 Happyin2022 -
Hello,
Over the weekend FB disabled my account and asked for my id. I went through the steps and their generic email says the account is reopened and I should be able to log on. Problem is, I can't get past the security check. I only have one phone number in there and when I click "send code" I get the code right away BUT facebook has an error message saying it couldn't send the sms and to retry. There is nowhere to enter the code that I received. It is a total roadblock. I've been researching troubleshooting options but can't find any similar situations. Since I can't get past the security check I can't even use their help community or report the issue. Thanks for any advice you may be able to give me! I run my business on fb and at a very frustrating loss on how to proceed. Thanks!

6 replies

Did you get this fixed? I am having the same issue and the link the other person responded with doesn't work for me either!!!
Have you gotten anywhere with this since you posted a few days ago? My sister is having the same problem and she's on a countdown to have her account permanently disabled with no way to request a review to recover it.
Did you find a solution? My sister is having this exact problem. Her account was hacked and then disabled and is threatened at permanent removal and there's no way out of it.
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
January 18, 2022
Hi,

In this case, I suggest you try reporting the issue to Facebook using this dedicated form.

Hope this helps
I am having same issue and that link doesn't work either...it just sits there after I fill in all the fields and press send (it doesn't send) I'm guessing because I am not logged into an account?
Registration date
Saturday December 11, 2021
Status
Last seen
December 12, 2021

my instagram has also disappeared and messenger doesnt work, though i am still receiving notifications???
>
Registration date
Saturday December 11, 2021
Status
Last seen
December 12, 2021

Yeah…IG and FB are connected. That happened to me to but if you click on notifications it wont let you log in…your account is still there…just turned off from being visible. Wish I knew how to fix them!!
i am having the exact same issue!!
my instagram has also disappeared and messenger doesnt work, though i am still receiving notifications???
Has anyone gotten past this? I am also in the same boat and have 18 days left before they permanently delete I'm losing my mind!
> KPOCK23
I posted on my Facebook asking for help and if anyone knew someone who worked there. A friend of a friend said he'd elevate the case and it took a week or more but was just resolved on Thanksgiving and the account saved before getting to the 30 days. I don't know if it really would have been deleted but you can imagine it's completely stupid that that could happen unwillingly and that my only resolution was an inside person.
> robin36robin
Do you have contact info to someone within fb? I’ve had this same thing happen and I’ve reached out multiple times, reported the issue and have heard nothing. Any help would be great!! As most people, I don’t want to lose the memories I have posted from my account over the pst 15 years
> Rstephens313
I'm sorry but I don't. When I posted about it on Facebook and friend contacted a friend and let him know and I never had his info. Did you have same issue where it was a hacking and then suspended account?
> robin36robin
Yes, it sounds like the exact same situation! I have created a new account so I can try to reach a contact there. Otherwise, from my old account, it just wants me to review the post/page that needs review but it’s a dead end. It just keeps spinning and never takes me anywhere to actually review…
today is the day they will permanently delete my account. I have heard NOTHING from FB. Very frustrating. Someone at FB supposedly opened a ticket for me but he left the company a few days ago. Very disappointing I will lose all of my memories because someone hacked my account and posted something. I was told this is happening A LOT now so I wish FB would step it up...I can't even open up a new account
I am having the same issue. I reported it and opened up a ticket to get this fixed on my friends account yet no response. My instagram was disabled too and now it says it is gone. Facebook needs to step up their security game and have help hotline, but at this point it is a lost cause.
Are you able to open a new account? I cant seem to be able to open one that will work on the app on my phone (it must recognize the number) also since it’s connected it wont let me open a new Instagram either!