Facebook account hacked

Closed
Chinenye - Sep 29, 2021 at 11:23 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14309 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 - Sep 30, 2021 at 05:09 AM
My Facebook account was hacked with email and password changed. The hacker went ahead to change my username to his. All my effort to retrieve it back proved abortive, because they kept sending recovery link to the hackers email. I opened a new account with the same email to make a report through my friends. And also reported an imposter by sending my documents to them for identification.

I didn't get a reply, but later found out that my hacked account has been locked down as I type the name on it but couldn't find it.
New one equally disabled.

How do I retrieve my old account back?

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14309 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 1,891
Sep 30, 2021 at 05:09 AM
Hi,

Did you try this recovery page dedicated for hacked Facebook accounts? If so, try the methods in this article to recover your account.

Check also your email address, you may have received a message from Facebook allowing you to reverse the email change.

Good luck