Unable to install ANTIVIRUS

Closed
deepika - Jun 25, 2009 at 11:50 PM
 brian - Mar 20, 2010 at 12:29 AM
Hello,
m working on window xp. due to some virus m not able to install any antivirus. there r some important files in c:. so, i can't format it and m unable to open it............
send me any solution of it..........
Related:

2 responses

afsgun Posts 275 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2009 38
Jun 26, 2009 at 07:10 AM
hi,

you need to change the name of the setup extension.

rename it and then try to install.

try to install it in safe mode.
I am an internet virgin and need everything explained to me in detail, where to find the place on the computer that I change, for example, setup extension, you could be talking Dutch to me. Can you help me. Every time I try to load Anti-virus from the internet it takes hours and then either tells me it is corrupt or some other problem. It takes hours because I have a very slow connection, do not have a landline to connect and have to rely on a dongle for internet connection. I am really worried that now at last I have a connection (I have waited 4 years) I am going to pick up a virus and be even worse off than before.
you should insert your hard disk to another computer and try to open it.. and then do your back up before you reformat your computer...