I have the following @ home:
- NAS Synology server
- Aeotec smart hub plus some switches
- Standard router provided by my ISP (which does not allow me to install or enable VPN)
- iPhones and laptops
What would be the best way to go about having ALL of the below:
- securing my NAS: I would like to be able to play my music from my local NAS when I am abroad using my iphone, but also want strong security so only I can access my NAS (NAS has a VPN server package which I could set up for this, but I am not sure how I will be able to access my music from my phone and play it).
- securing my smart hub: seems to already have some security built in, however I would like to connect to it with IFTTT and/or the SmartLife App and also have stronger security here.
- securing my internet traffic: currently running ExpressVPN on my phone and laptop, but I would prefer (if possible) to have the whole network protected using a server VPN, so I do not need ExpressVPN on every device. However, I do not want to buy a new router.
In addition: I have Plex player installed on the NAS. So I could simply configure it to get access to it over the internet and use the Plex player on my mobile to play my music. I am just wondering how secure this all is.