CMD method fail to reveal the contents of my pendrive

Solved/Closed
WaltSnowrancruzick Posts 1 Registration date Thursday March 3, 2022 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2022 - Mar 19, 2022 at 04:19 AM
Irina2207 Posts 46 Registration date Friday January 21, 2022 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2023 - Mar 21, 2022 at 02:18 AM
Hello,

If the hidden/unhidden approach and the CMD method fail to reveal the contents of my pendrive, what further options do I have? I've tried all of these approaches, but they haven't worked. please someone aid me in this.
Related:

1 response

Irina2207 Posts 46 Registration date Friday January 21, 2022 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2023 33
Mar 21, 2022 at 02:18 AM
Hi,
Apart from CMD, you can try these manual methods to see your files and folder on a pen drive.

Unhide Files in USB using File Explorer

You can also view hidden files from File Explorer. This can be easier if you don’t like the idea of entering commands in a terminal window. Here are the steps for doing so:
Open File Explorer and head to My PC. Your USB drive should be visible here.
Double click on the USB device to view its contents. Any hidden files cannot be seen right now.
On the top of the window, you will see a bunch of tabs like Home, Share, View, etc. Switch to the View tab and enable the Hidden items checkbox. All hidden files and folders can now be seen.

View Hidden Files In USB from Control Panel

You can also change the File Explorer settings from the Control Panel. Just follow these steps:

Open Control Panel on your computer. You can search for it from the Start Menu.
From the various categories available in the Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
In this new window, you will find File Explorer Options. Click on it to continue.
File Explorer Options, as the name suggests, allows you to customize all aspects of the Windows program. For now, click on the View tab.
In the Advanced settings is Hidden files and folders toggle. Click the checkbox with Show hidden files, folders, and drives to enable File Explorer to show hidden files.

Show Hidden Files on Flash Drive via Attrib Command

The most straightforward way of making your hidden files viewable is to use the attrib command. This command prompt utility can change the file attributes of whole drives at once, making them very useful in scenarios like this.

Using the attrib command, you can forcefully change your files back to normal even when a virus is actively trying to keep them hidden. Messing around with cmd might seem a bit daunting, but it is actually quite easy. Just follow these steps:

Run Command Prompt as an administrator. You can find it by typing cmd in the search box.
Now enter this command:
attrib -h -r -s /s /d X:\*.*
Where X is the drive letter of your flash drive. This will unhide all the hidden files on the USB and make them viewable again

Let me know if this helps you.