Toshiba P100 Factory Reset button?

Closed
Fredg - Jun 27, 2009 at 10:46 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 28, 2009 at 05:33 AM
My laptop lost all of its drivers. First was the DVD then the modem, sound, VGA etc... most functions that I might have used to restore are 'not available' or 'not accessible'. It is almost as much an idiot as its owner. I would use the restore CDs, except the drive does not work... I would go online to fix it but it does not work... Fortunately the USB port does work and I am able to use a thumb drive to dump all files - which I did quickly.

Is there a RESET button hidden underneath like many old machines had? If so, where so? Will this allow me to THEN reinstall the programming discs? ...presuming I would be able to use <F2> on reboot...

Anything else I should be careful of in the process?

Much obliged.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 28, 2009 at 05:33 AM
Dear Sir,

I am sorry for your pc there's no reset button etc, this is because you never update your windows system and i think your antivirus is out dated. this is a serious problem and its very hard to recover. The only solution to do is to format the complete windows partition and install a fresh one with all security software and updates!!

You can do it yourself but please note that you will lose all your data. I will advise you to contact a qualified person to do this!

Thanks