Nokia PC Suite for Nokia 6300 4G

Closed
NewPersonHere - Jun 18, 2022 at 09:39 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14312 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 26, 2024 - Jun 21, 2022 at 10:04 AM
Hello, my Nokia PC Suite won't install the drivers for a data cable driver because it doesn't recognize it. It sees that something unidentified is there and so Nokia PC Suite can't connect with my Nokia 6300 4G phone (not the same as the older 6300). Does anybody know the right version for this phone? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks. Also I'm trying to use it on Windows XP SP3.

System Configuration: Windows / Firefox 101.0
Related:

3 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14312 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 26, 2024 1,891
Jun 20, 2022 at 05:42 AM
Hi,

Nokia PC Suite seems not to be compatible with recent Nokia models. You should be able to manage your phone by using the File Explorer (from My Computer), without a third-party software.

To be able to transfer content between your phone and PC, go to Settings > Storage > USB storage and set it to Enabled. Then you can connect your Nokia phone to your PC.

Hope this helps.
NewPersonHere
Jun 20, 2022 at 01:03 PM
Thank you for the response! I am trying to use Windows XP with my phone. I have a sync data cable that will connect my phone to my PC and there I am able to put music files or pictures into the phone by dragging and dropping or cut and paste. I want to be able to use the installer part of a program so I can remove unwanted programs from it and replace their place with programs I know I will use. Is there any other program I can use this for? I am comfortable with Windows programs but I'm new to cellphones. Would the regular Nokia Suite work? And is there a specific cable for it? I have bought three already trying to find the correct one. Also, I have made some themes for it that I would love to learn how to install, but again, I need to use another program that can sync my phone to my PC. Cables are the easiset for me to use. Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much for your time. Have a good day...
HelpiOS Posts 14312 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 26, 2024 1,891
Jun 21, 2022 at 10:04 AM
Hi,

From Nokia Support website, it is said that your PC should be able to sync your Nokia 6300 4G without any software. As you want to drag and drop content between your phone and PC, you can directly do so from the File Explorer in Windows.

I'll explain you how to proceed. On your Nokia phone, go to Settings > Storage > USB storage and make sure it is set to Enabled. Connect your phone to your PC using its original cable and Windows should recognize it.

Next, open the Start Menu > My Computer. Under "Devices with Removable Storage", your Nokia phone will appear. Double-click on it to browse the folders of your device and from there, you can copy your music, photos and other files.

In case your PC doesn't recognize your phone, press the Windows + R keys, then type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. Right-click on the driver with a warning icon (corresponding to your phone) and go to Properties > Details. Select Hardware Ids in the dropdown menu and give me the first ID so that I'll try to find you the right drivers - or if you know how to proceed, you can do it by yourself.

If the drivers are correctly installed - automatically or manually, you can give a try to Nokia PC Suite to check whether it can work with your recent Nokia model or not. But normally, this software is no longer necessary with new Nokia phone models to sync them with a PC.

Good luck