Sound device

Closed
mc - Jun 29, 2009 at 07:19 PM
 Yssa - Jul 6, 2010 at 01:17 AM
Hello,
My compute says it has no sound device installed, my guess is that it was erased since i had many other programs erased.e When i look it up one the control panel in the sound and device properties...it says no audio device. HOW DO I INSTALL ONE?
Related:

3 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Jun 30, 2009 at 04:59 AM
hi,

post the specs of your computer in the forum and we will send you a link where you will be able to download the driver.
Hi! Did you recently uninstall BearShare or other programs like it? If so, you need to try Uninstalling the Device and Re-installing it again. Here's how:

Start Button

RIGHT click "My Computer"

Properties then the "Hardware" tab

Device Manager

Go down and expand [+] the Sound, video and game

If there's a yellow question mark(?) in one of the devices, RIGHT click on it and then "Uninstall" You'll get it back, don't worry.

Click Start again

Control Panel

Add Hardware. This will find the device you just uninstalled. Click on the one you JUST deleted and then Next.

It should be re-installed now. Go back to your Control Panel and then Sound and Audio. Play around with the speaker settings and see if that helped you....

If it's still not working, go back to Device Management, scroll back down until you find it, right click and then "enable"

Alternatively, you can use System Restore to restore your computer settings to a certain day, maybe the day before you installed a certain program which deleted your sound settings...?

Best of luck!
i need to install a sound divice in my PC