No audio output device is installed

Solved/Closed
-
 No audio -
Hello,

I have an HP G60-243DX notebook and a few days ago I inadverdently turned off the sound on the computer, and by that I think I accidentally may have erased my sound device from the computer.

I was trying to adjust the sound and when I went to what I thought was volume control, I thought I had found the way to simply turn the sound off for now, but instead I think the computer completely erased the sound option.

I really know next to nothing about computers so it would be nice if I could get some advice on what to do.
When I go to playback options on my computer, there are none, it just says no audio devices are installed and I can't seem to track what happened to it. I just hope I don't have to buy any new software for the computer because of one really stupid mistake.

Can anyone help me?

2 replies

Dear Sir,

You are using Windows Vista you will have to use the Driver CD that came with your laptop to re-install the driver or download it from the HP Support Website.

Download your drivers here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3925084&lang=en

Thanks
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

it worked! thank you so much
Have you tried reformatting?