1 White light blink after a 5-second gap on Dell Inspiron

Closed
babu7 Posts 29 Registration date Friday October 13, 2017 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2023 - Oct 31, 2022 at 02:05 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14295 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 14, 2024 - Nov 16, 2022 at 02:21 PM

I installed a new CPU cooling fan in my Dell Inspiron N5040 as the old one was damaged.

Now, whenever I try to power it on through AC power, the white light blinks ONCE after every five seconds. (ONE blink after a five-second gap). This continues to happen. The fan does NOT move. Not a single beep sound either.

I inserted the battery and tried to power it on. The charging white light came on but the adjacent white light continued to blink once after every five seconds.

That means the battery can be charged but the laptop won't power on.

I tried the most-suggested method on the internet, a hard reset - pressing the power button for 30 seconds after removing the battery. Same result!

I reseated the two RAM sticks. I removed both the RAM sticks and then tried powering it on. I got the same result - the white light kept blinking once after every five seconds. No fan movement at all. No beeps either.

What is the solution? 

2 responses

Irina2207 Posts 46 Registration date Friday January 21, 2022 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2023 34
Nov 10, 2022 at 10:46 PM

Your best bet is to go over to your Laptops Manufactures Web Site. There you will need to enter your service tag number or Model number and there should be some information there, that will answer your question about your specific Unit.

I hope that will works.

HelpiOS Posts 14295 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 14, 2024 1,891
Nov 16, 2022 at 02:21 PM

Hi,

Check that everything is connected properly. The second step is to try reseating the CPU. You should also change the thermal past - if it has dried or partially removed, your laptop may refuse to power on in order to prevent damages to the CPU.

Hope this helps.

Good luck