Create Christmas present schedule

Closed
DPENARANDA Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 13, 2022 Status Member Last seen November 13, 2022 - Updated on Nov 21, 2022 at 11:56 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Nov 21, 2022 at 11:55 AM

Hello EXCEL GENIUSES OF THE WORLD!

I am trying to save my entire family money and a feeling of obligation to buy a gift for EVERY DANG KID in our family who is present at Christmas Eve. THERE ARE ALOT! Anyhow... I would like to have a Secret Santa for the kids and a White Elephant for the adults. This year there will only be 12 kids present and 8 adult households present. I want to create an excel where each kids gets two presents from different adults, parents will not get their own kids, parents without kids will only get assigned 2 names, and parents with kids will get assigned 2 names per kid they have. 

This is what I have so far.... 

Values of the Adults without kids: M, J, C, T, AK

Values of the Adults with kids: DS (=5 kids), NC (=4 kids), AP (=3 kids)

So the values for the kids would be DS1, DS2, DS3, DS4, DS5, NC1, NC2, NC3, NC4, AP1, AP2, AP3 (But twice because I want each child to get two secret Santa gifts because they are used to this being such a huge event with hours of presents being opened :/  )

I want everyone to be assigned at least two names and once reaching their max limit assigned, continue to have the list randomized between the rest of the adults until each adults limit is reached, AND no parent has their own child AND each child has been assigned to different adults twice.

Honestly, EXCEL beats me every time and I know that there are brilliant people who would thrive off of figuring this out!! PLEASE HELP! 

Macintosh / Safari 15.6.1

Related:

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Nov 21, 2022 at 11:55 AM

Hi Dpenaranda,

Create a header out the adults and place the kids below them.

Something like this:

DS NC AP M  J  C  T  AK
 NC1 DS1 DS1  DS2  DS2  DS3  DS5  DS4
 NC4  DS4  DS5  AP3  NC1  NC2  NC3  NC3
 AP1  AP1  NC2          
 AP2  AP2  NC4          
 AP3  DS3            

There are just more adults then kids to give 2 presents to.

Best regards,
Trowa