Zombie wifi, live laptops

Closed
fc - Nov 30, 2022 at 10:15 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 - Dec 7, 2022 at 05:23 PM

Hello,

I have two laptops, three smartphones, and two modems in this house.  The modems are identical, from AT&T, one Uverse and one fiber.  The Uverse I've had for years has been completely unplugged for months, since we got fiber.  The phones have no problems seeing and using the fiber wifi, but the laptops don't even see it.  The laptops do, however, see and use the Uverse wifi.  The dead, dusty, zombie wifi.  What in the soggysaurus is up with that, and how can I get the laptops onto the new wifi?  Lol!  

Note: I have power-cycled multiple times, with the wifi and the laptops, and with the laptops inches from the modem.  No dice.  I haven't talked to AT&T because would you want to explain a zombie wifi to multiple confused call center reps?  No, I didn't think so. :P

Windows / Chrome 107.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 1,891
Dec 7, 2022 at 05:23 PM

Hi,

Try forgetting the Uverse network by going to Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi Manage known networks. Once done, select Add a new network and enter manually the information of your fiber network, including its name (SSID), security type and password.

Good luck