Wattsapp chat history lost on one contact only

Closed
reddwarf4ever - Jan 26, 2023 at 08:42 AM
abdulbari9995 Posts 4 Registration date Thursday March 9, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2023 - Mar 9, 2023 at 01:04 PM

I have lost the chat history on one contact only, reinstalled wattsapp but still the same, last week i couldnt backup wattsapp to icloud only to my phone, changed icloud and contacts to same eemail address, one was set to my phone number then i backed up to the cloud.. it shows in wattsapp as other contacts......please can you help me

Windows / Chrome 109.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

abdulbari9995 Posts 4 Registration date Thursday March 9, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2023 1
Mar 9, 2023 at 01:04 PM

It appears that you have lost the chat history for one of your WhatsApp contacts even after reinstalling the app. It is possible that the chat history was not backed up properly to iCloud or your phone. You mentioned changing iCloud and contact settings, which may have affected the backup process.

To try and recover the lost chat history, you can check if a local backup of WhatsApp data was created before the issue occurred. If so, you can restore the data from the local backup. You can also check if the chat history is available on WhatsApp Web.

If these methods do not work, unfortunately, it may not be possible to recover the lost chat history. To prevent this from happening in the future, make sure to regularly backup your WhatsApp data and check your iCloud and contact settings to ensure they are set up correctly.