My screen goes black

Closed
alexis3 - Jun 30, 2009 at 04:11 PM
Gabby2 Posts 29 Registration date Monday June 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 5, 2010 - Jun 30, 2009 at 05:45 PM
Hello,
last night i was using my computer.then my cousin brought over his cpu,then we disconnected mine and connected his cpu to my moniter after a while we put everything back the way it was.the next day i turned on my computer but it wasnt working it just went black after the start up(blue) screen after that, nothing.I then disconnected my cpu and reconnected it to my old moniter, but i found out that it was my cpu that wasnt working not my moniters so i rebooted my cpu and still nothing happened. it wont show the WELCOME sign anymore i need help and fast!!! i dont know whats wrong with it i opened it up and cleared all the dust,I put it in safe mode but it wont show nothing it just goes black. i checked all the power outlets everything works fine its just the cpu it doesnt work anymore i just wanna know if there is someone out there that can help me solve my problem PLEASE!!!

P.S my computer is a windows xp
it is also only about 4 years old
Related:

1 response

Gabby2 Posts 29 Registration date Monday June 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 5, 2010
Jun 30, 2009 at 05:45 PM
try to open your cpu, and check if the video card got disconnected or slacken while you were connecting and disconnecting the monitors