How to install Windows 7/32bits on Proline computer POS355

Myekstarcy - Updated on May 3, 2023 at 05:19 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 - May 8, 2023 at 01:31 PM

Hello,

I have a pos computer with bad hard drive.i replaced the hard drive but I find it difficult to install any version of windows on it.i have tried every settings in the bios setup,setting USB as priority but still wouldn't install window.the only thing I get is boot logo and when i disable boot logo ,I get stuck at black screen.i ran memory test and it shows my hdd is perfect.i will appreciate any assistance as regard to this​​​​​​​
Android / Chrome 107.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 1,891
May 8, 2023 at 01:31 PM

Hi,

A memory test will scan your RAM modules for any anomalies. To scan your HDD, you need to run a chkdsk command (check disk).

If you can confirm that your new HDD is healthy, make sure your USB is bootable and contains the proper Windows iso file and that it isn't corrupted.

Once you've checked your HDD and USB to install Windows, but that the computer continues to get stuck on black screen, try the methods described in this article.

Alternatively, try inserting that HDD into another computer and install Windows. Then, insert back the HDD into the Proline computer and see how it goes.