My cross-app messaging is disabled for some reason.

matthewreyes Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday November 9, 2022 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2023 - May 22, 2023 at 11:18 PM
ravida_1351 Posts 57 Registration date Thursday March 23, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2023 - May 24, 2023 at 06:47 AM

Recently a couple months ago, I created a new personal account for myself. I created this account soon after I logged off of Ben's Instagram fanpage which I was a former admin of (more details about the whole story here). 

I am from somewhere in North/South America. I created this account by connecting it to Facebook so it automatically was added to my accounts center alongside my Facebook. However, despite this, I do not have cross-app messaging enabled for some reason and am unable to update it, so I did some research. 

I tried messaging my Instagram account on Messenger via cross-app messaging and learned that I could not message that account since that account is ineligible for cross-app messaging. However, my friends account also didn't update to cross-app messaging since they're lazy when they're able to, but when I message it still says they're eligible even though they haven't updated it yet. 

I did some research and learned that cross-app messaging is not available in European countries and Japan. I also learned that the "cookies" feature is enabled only in European countries, and interestingly enough when I click on settings and go to privacy it shows the cookies feature. I am also admin of another new account I recently made which was months after I created this account and it has cross-app messaging enabled and when I click privacy settings there is no cookies feature. The only account I have ever seen the cookies feature enabled is Ben's Instagram fanpage. I learned that this was indeed the case when I tried messaging European fanpages and it says they're not eligible, yet when messaging those from other countries its eligible and able to be done.

I downloaded my Instagram data to see why that is the case, but to no good use. When I checked where the account was based in it said "the city [my] account is most likely to be based in" is the exact city I lived in which is in North/South America and NOT somewhere in Europe. When I checked the about this account section for an Instagram account sualelbora (a Kpop singer) it said she is based in United States but only since at that time she was in the US and not since she primarily loves in the US (she obviously lives in South Korea). Apparently "the city your account is most likely to be based in" is not the primary location but the current location of the account and it takes a VERY long time to change it (Ben's account is originally mine but I gave to her since I needed a new admin and it took 6 months for it to get the Cookies featured enabled; it still has cross-app messaging but only since once its there it cannot be changed back apparently according to Instagram help, regardless of whether country based in changes or not).

I have come to a conclusion which is that my account's primary location is Europe based on activity, but I still need your guys help so I can know what I can do to fix it. All help is appreciated. Thanks a lot! 

Related:

1 response

ravida_1351 Posts 57 Registration date Thursday March 23, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2023 3
May 24, 2023 at 06:47 AM

Good day! Your Instagram account's cross-app chatting seems to be giving you some problems. Considering what you've said, it looks that even though you reside in North or South America, your account may be listed as having a base in Europe.

If your account is registered in Europe or Japan, it won't have access to cross-app messaging since those regions don't support it. You also cited the European nations in relation to the "cookies" feature.

It's intriguing that despite not having received the cross-app messaging upgrade, your friend's account still seems to be qualified. It can be because of their choices or account settings.

You can start by looking through your account settings and privacy choices to see if you can resolve the problem. Ensure that everything is configured properly.

It's intriguing that despite not having received the cross-app messaging upgrade, your friend's account still seems to be qualified. It can be because of their choices or account settings.

You can start by looking through your account settings and privacy choices to see if you can resolve the problem. Verify that everything is configured properly and that the most recent app version is installed. You can contact Instagram support if the issue continues for more guidance. They need to be able to explain to you why cross-app messaging has been disabled on your account and provide you instructions on how to fix it.