HELP!!! Cant transfer Whatsapp messages to new phone!

PleaseHelpPlease - Updated on Aug 10, 2023 at 03:04 PM
 Hiuy - Aug 10, 2023 at 04:31 PM

Hi!

Just got a new phone. Transfered everything to the new phone via whatsapp QR code (no cloud or backup service).

Had to reset the new phone, tried the same thing again but now I can't get the damn QR code to show on the new phone!

In the top right corner you can get a QR code to appear, bit it's not that one it's looking for. It's the one you get when you just set up the new phone with WhatsApp. It was there the first time bit not now.

These are all the steps ive taken:

On the old phone (still has the sim card) I start the transfer and the camera comes on to scan a QR code. 

It tells me to download WhatsApp to the new phone.

Register with the same phone number.

And scan the QR code that appears on the new phone.

But there is no god damn QR code on the new phone, the second time around.

So, I put the simcard in the new phone, register, but now it only prompts me to transfer backup via Google accounts, not QR code.

And yes, I've tried to give what's app all types of access. I've tried clearing memory and cache. I've tried restarting the phone. I've tried reinstalling the app.

For the love of God what the actual f is the problem. I'm going nuts!

(No, I don't want to backup  via cloud solution/Google or anything like that, just via QR code like it worked the first time.

Greatfull for any help!

Android / Chrome 115.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

Meeee too This app is pretty sample of stupidity That doesn't save our massages on its cloud