Transfer whatsapp chats from number to number

amc4042 Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 18, 2023 Status Member Last seen August 18, 2023 - Aug 18, 2023 at 04:39 AM
stanleybuntin Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 22, 2023 Status Member Last seen August 22, 2023 - Aug 22, 2023 at 05:58 AM

Hello,

I have a whatsapp in my phone, linked to a phone number. I want to move chats and their media from this number to a new one, but in the same phone number.

How have I to proceed (settings-account-change number or settings-chats-transfer chats seem to be intuitive ways to achieve what I need)

thanksĀ 

Related:

1 response

stanleybuntin Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 22, 2023 Status Member Last seen August 22, 2023
Updated on Aug 22, 2023 at 05:59 AM

You're seeking advice on moving WhatsApp chats and media from your current phone number to a new one while keeping the same device. Here's what you can do:

1. To change to a brand-new number, go to Settings > Account > Change Number. This is suitable for switching to a new number entirely, but not for your case.

2. For your situation, choose Settings > Chats > Chat History > Transfer Chats. This option helps you move chat history and media from your old number to the new one on the same device:

a. Open WhatsApp. b. Access Settings (usually three dots at the top right). c. Tap Chats. d. Select Chat History. e. Click Transfer Chats.