If cell blank copy next cell

Closed
marinsw - Jul 6, 2009 at 12:15 PM
mubashir aziz Posts 190 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2010 - Jul 6, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Hello,
I have a list in a certain column that contains blanks and I would like to consolidate that list to not include the blanks in another column. I cant simply remove the blanks by using f5 because the list must update itself if changes are made to the original list. The values in the cells are all numbers. Is there any function that will copy a cell if it contains a value and search down for the next cell with a value to copy if blank? Any help on this would be great!

Thanks

2 responses

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Jul 6, 2009 at 09:45 PM
try to filter non blanks and copy the filterd data

In excek 2007 it is easy. click Home -sort and filter-click the arrow-remove tick from blanks.
copy it somewhere
comback ot the colulmn sortfilter-clear.
mubashir aziz Posts 190 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2010 165
Jul 6, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Hello,
I have a list in a certain column that contains blanks and I would like to consolidate that list to not include the blanks in another column. I cant simply remove the blanks by using f5 because the list must update itself if changes are made to the original list. The values in the cells are all numbers. Is there any function that will copy a cell if it contains a value and search down for the next cell with a value to copy if blank? Any help on this would be great!

Thanks

Yes auto filter command do the trick but it seems your sheet is linked with other sheet .... can you be more specific by giving some small example