I am looking for a formula/method of finding a blank cell in a column and replacing it with the text in the previous cell. example: cell A1:A20 all have data, cell A21 is blank, cell A22:A50 have data. I want to identify that cell A21 is blank and replace its contents with the content located in cell A20, then move on to find the next blank cell in the column and replace it with its previous cells contents. I want to be able to repeat this for thousands of rows, but only replace any blank cell in a specific column with the contents of its previous cell. Can this be done?
* Select the full data range.
* Press "F5" or "Ctrl + G". The "Go To" window opens.
* Click "Special" button at the bottom left.
* Then click "blanks" & give "Enter".
* Without disturbing any cell, write "=" & press the up arrow.
* Then give "Ctrl + Enter"
So the shortcut after selecting the range will be as follows...