-
Registration date
Monday July 6, 2009
Status
Last seen
July 7, 2009
-
Hello,
I use Firefox as my web browser and I have never had a problem downloading games and images until recently. It shows that the file has been downloaded but when I double click the download file, it doesn't bring me to where it was supposed to be saved. I also search all my folders from my computer and it is nowhere to be found. I don't know what is happening and I am at a total loss. It sucks because my presentation is due on Friday and I can't download any images to put in my powerpoint

1 reply

Registration date
Monday July 6, 2009
Status
Last seen
July 7, 2009

Does it make sense to change your default download path and then restart Firefox?

It just might be that something is wrong with one of the Firefox configuration files, and a hard rewrite might fix that (which is what you would do if you refresh your default download location, save and reboot).

I hope this will fix the problem. In general, I have seen in my years and years of software development and computer using experience that reboot is the mother of all solutions. One morning in my office I tried everything to get my email client working, and was out of clue. Another accident made me reboot the machine, and it was working. I re-realized the same message that I had acquired in these long years - simply reboot to get things working again.