Download issue

Closed
tootsie - Jul 7, 2009 at 12:04 PM
bataspur Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 7, 2009 - Jul 7, 2009 at 12:14 PM
Hello,
I use Firefox as my web browser and I have never had a problem downloading games and images until recently. It shows that the file has been downloaded but when I double click the download file, it doesn't bring me to where it was supposed to be saved. I also search all my folders from my computer and it is nowhere to be found. I don't know what is happening and I am at a total loss. It sucks because my presentation is due on Friday and I can't download any images to put in my powerpoint
Related:

1 response

bataspur Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 7, 2009
Jul 7, 2009 at 12:14 PM
Does it make sense to change your default download path and then restart Firefox?

It just might be that something is wrong with one of the Firefox configuration files, and a hard rewrite might fix that (which is what you would do if you refresh your default download location, save and reboot).

I hope this will fix the problem. In general, I have seen in my years and years of software development and computer using experience that reboot is the mother of all solutions. One morning in my office I tried everything to get my email client working, and was out of clue. Another accident made me reboot the machine, and it was working. I re-realized the same message that I had acquired in these long years - simply reboot to get things working again.