SERVICE PACK 2 PROBLEMS WITH WIRELESS NETWORK

Closed
REA - Jun 30, 2008 at 07:46 PM
 DJZOUK - Jan 8, 2009 at 07:24 AM
I recently installed microsoft service pack 2 on my laptop computer and now my computer keeps dumping my internet settings. my computer finds my wireless network but either will not connect to it, or when it does it dumps the connection within minutes. it also tell me that i am not connected but when i double click the network to connect it i get a message "you are currently connected to the internet. disconnecting now will . . . . blah blah blah"
Related:

2 responses

good
Hi,
I had almost the smae issue yesterday. I got a laptop with vista on it Dell Latitude E5500. But the vista thing drives me naughts. So I decided todown grade it. Since then almost all the the drivers are not responding correctly. I first tried via the BIOS to see the names of my cards. I used my USB stick download the drivers from an other pc connect it to the lap top install it. But still having problem with the sound and the wireless keeps going on and off after every 2 minutes

Still need help here if you get one let me know.

Here is what some one adviced:
to know exactly what sound driver to download, download the program called "PCU-ID". Once downloaded, run the program. What this program does is it checks all your registry files on your computer and will display all important information that you will need about your computer. Your processor, mother board, ram, etc is all displayed. Its a very handy program actually. So once you have figured out the name of your mother board, type the model into google and add driver behind the name. It should take you to the manufacturers website where you can download the sound, video and other drivers for your board for free. Hope this works for you!