Please do the following steps :
1. Make sure your computer and laptop are both turned off.
2. Connect the video cable (usually VGA) from your laptop's external video port to the projector.
3. Plug your projector into an electrical outlet and press the "power" button to turn it ON.
4. Turn on your laptop.
5. If you need audio for your presentation, connect the laptop's "audio out" port to the projector, or to another sound system.
6. Sync the projector and laptop by holding down the FUNCTION key(FN) and pressing one of the following keys to toggle: F4, F5 , F7 & f8
7.. If you've made it this far, you should only need to adjust the focus, dim the lights, and fire up your presentation it will depend on the model of your machine try to see what is there on the F keys display.